Saturday, 5pm – 9pm
BC9-03 Powertex Tattered Angel or Frayed Fairy
Making a fabric sculpture allows complete freedom of expression in creating wonderful figurines that have their own individuality and presence. Cheryl will guide you step by step to transform your unique Angel or Fairy with wire, aluminum foil, and Powertex fabric hardener. Whether you are a beginner or advanced artist, you’ll love this Workshop!
You will create a Fairy with double wings or an Angel with one set of wings. *Basic class will create the ‘faceless’ figurine. Option to upgrade to bisque face day of workshop – additional $10 paid to instructor to cover cost bisque. Figurine is approx. 18”
Difficulty Level: All Levels
- Plain cotton t-shirt with no side seams – LG OR XL *no prints
- ¾” tan masking tape
- Box disposable gloves (you will go through a few pairs)
- Scissors that can cut fabric
- Some plastic and/or box to transport your piece home if you are going home that day
- Students can also bring embellishments such as lace, doilies, etc.
Class Kit Fee (provide to instructor in class): $10; additional $10 for those who wish to upgrade to a bisque face*